Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Western-southern Scam

Pork sweet and sour sauce flavored with jelly






















Here a plate colorful flavourful and well-flavored as I love them! For those who like sweet foods / salt, put the deck because this feast is open to you:) xxx






















Note: I put a lot more sugar than the recipe called for because I could not find enough sweet sauce. The only addition I have done is to add 2 cloves minced garlic. For meat, I used a pork tenderloin that I cut into cubes. Everything was served with basmati rice, the colorful vegetables and fresh pineapple sauteed in a skillet.



Preparation: 30 minutes Cooking
: 1 hour 45 minutes in total but for me about
Servings: 4 Ingredients


2 tablespoons table
oil 1 1 / 2 lb. pork, cubed 2 tablespoons
tablespoons flour 2 tablespoons
tablespoons brown sugar (me more) 1 tsp

teaspoon salt 1 / 2 c. teaspoon pepper 2 tablespoons
tablespoons vinegar 2 tablespoons
tablespoon soy sauce
1 / 3 cup water
1 / 3 cup ketchup 1
19 oz cans pineapple chunks, juice reserved 1 medium onion chopped
end
1 green pepper cut into thin strips (add me to share with other vegetables) *
my Added: 2 cloves garlic chopped



Preparation
1) In a large pot, heat the oil and brown pork on all sides.

2) Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in vinegar, soy sauce, water, ketchup, pineapple juice and onion. Set aside.

3) Remove excess drippings and stir in the liquid mixture to the meat and cook until thickened. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

4) Add green pepper and pineapple chunks and cook another 5 minutes. Serve over white rice.



Source: Family meal delicious recipes of Quebec ~ ~ Lexibule
Print recipe

0 comments:

Post a Comment