Tuesday, January 4, 2011

To Insert An Image Jpeg

Butter Chicken Lentil Salad with Feta Cheese Dip




To start the new year I thought I'd offer a small salad both nutritious vitamin and quickly prepared. This is a great way to increase our consumption of legumes because God knows we eat too little. Besides being rich in fiber, legumes provide a good boost to the body out of energy, which is very significant at the beginning of the year haha! So no, no, no more excuses for not introducing them to the menu more often)

I take this opportunity to wish you a year 2011 filled with Happiness, Love, Health and everything you want! A Big Thank you to each and every one of you dear friends (e) bloggers, bloggers and readers (trice) for your nice comments so appreciated your visits and warm for your loyalty throughout the year 2010! I love you and thank you for just being there:) xxx

Note: I made some small changes to the ingredients that I will put in brackets. I used canned green lentils that I simply rinse with cold water. So I skipped the step of cooking them. I added garlic to my salad at all. For the feta cheese, I had to take because I had purchased good cheddar feta for this recipe and when I opened the jar, plastic wrap had been opened and it was not good: (



Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking
:
25 minutes Servings: 6 Ingredients


1 / 2 cup (125ml) slivered almonds (I pine nuts)
1 cup (250ml) dried green lentils (my box) 2 cloves
garlic (I 1)
1 / 4 cup (60ml) olive oil
3 tbsp (45ml) red wine vinegar (balsamic me)
1 tbsp (15ml) fresh oregano finely chopped or 1 c. teaspoon (5 ml) dried oregano (dried me)
1 / 4 c. tsp (1mL) salt
1 / 4 c. tsp (1mL) pepper black
1 1 / 2 cup (375ml) cucumber, seeded and diced (because they had not, I green pepper)
1 cup (250ml) cherry tomatoes, halved
1 / 2 cup (125ml) red onion, diced 2 tablespoons
tablespoon (30ml) fresh parsley, chopped
3 / 4 cup (180ml) crumbled feta



Preparation
1) In a small skillet, toast almonds over medium heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until browned. Book. (I omitted this step)
2) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lentils and garlic, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again (discard garlic). (I omitted this step because lentils canned already cooked).
3) In a large bowl, combine oil, wine vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Add drained lentils, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, onion and parsley and mix gently to coat ingredients. (You can prepare the salad up to this point and cover. It will keep for up to 2 days refrigerated.)
4) Just before serving, add toasted almonds and reserved 1 / 2 cup (125ml) shredded feta and toss gently. Sprinkle remaining feta cheese.
source: Boost Fast Food 2010 edit slightly ~ ~ Lexibule
Print recipe

0 comments:

Post a Comment